Thursday, November 20, 2008

Religious doubt












Recently I was talking to a new friend about his worldview. For him the end all of life is determined by the fates. He stated throughout our conversation that it was "the fates that took me here" and if it is meant to be "fate with take me there." My new friends approach to life is still a quandary to me. To be honest I am not completely sure who/what the fates are and what gives these entities the right to rule life, but according to his worldview they do. After seriously pondering this worldview for a time and questioning how often statement like " it is all in Gods hands" sounds to others who don't see the world from my viewpoint.  Does my faith ever/often get conveyed as cookie cutter, holiday sprinkles faith? Is there a way to live my faith in a way that I can show the co-worker who showed me the aforementioned card(I just started working there and I am pretty sure she has NO CLUE that I am a Jesus Lover) that my faith is different from the easter bunny, the tooth fairy and santa clause? 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We are not pawns of God, but followers of God... and that makes all the difference! I am enjoying your blog. I didn't know you had one til I saw your status on facebook today.