Sunday, November 23, 2008

Musical Voodoo

I am a fairly logical person. I don't always follow what is considered "standard logic" but, in general stray away from the illogical or whimsical approaches to life.     ;) 

Lately though, I have observed a somewhat strange and paranormal occurrence which I can no longer hide. 

My radio/ itunes can read my mind!

I know that this seems crazy, but seriously there can be no other explanation to the fact the music which pours from my radio/computer without fail will capture my mood or thought process without any prompts or encouragement from me. 

For example a few weeks ago when my heart was light, romancical and bright. No matter what station or ipod shuffle I played it seemed that the world was in love and good.  At one point when I realized that my incessant serenades of love might be annoying the car stuck next to me in L.A traffic( once again if you were stuck with me on the 5..... I am sorry) I tried to find something a little less cheerful and seriously I could not find a single depressing non your prince is coming song.......... really really little lady with the scowling eye I did try!

But today when the world felt a little grey and I could have used a good "ITS A LOVE STORY BABY JUST SAY YES"....... yes that is taylor swift..... hey we all have our musical vices! But no today the radio knew my mood and all it could sing was depressing life is ending or people leaving songs. I think I even tried a more hip-hoppy type station and Bleeding Love was on. 

I have tried to be logical about this whole radio mood sensor/ fortune telling, but after much study...... I have to admit. 

My radio can read my mind. 

No comments: